Our Latest CSR Activities
We contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through our business activities, which consider Environment (E), Social (S) and Governance (G) issues, to fulfill our corporate social responsibility.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is a set of international development goals, which was adopted by the UN Sustainable Development Summit held in 2015, consisting of 17 goals and 169 targets in order to realize a sustainable and better world by 2030.
Structure for promoting Sustainability Actions
We established a Corporate Sustainability Committee to promote a management approach that considers environment and social issues, and construct a governance system for the Group.
- ① Each of our employees considers what can be done to protect the environment and works toward the annual goals.
- ② We make every effort to achieve a paperless office by using recyclable logistical materials, and reducing the use of cardboard.
- ③ Our head office building is equipped with LED lighting to reduce power consumption.
- ④ We strive to reduce energy consumption by adopting hybrid vehicles as our company vehicles.
- ① Management Philosophy: Contribute to medical care through the development of leading-edge medical devices.
- ② Provision of safe and reliable medical devices to patients
- We produce high-quality medical devices with high efficacy and safety to improve the quality of life of the increasing number of patients in the aging society.
- ③ Donation
- We promote donation activities for the development of medical engineering in orthopedic surgery.
- ④ Career Management System
- Under the slogan of “Creating a workplace where employees can take an active role regardless of gender,” we promote initiatives to manage career development through interaction between employees (themselves) and their supervisors.
- We promote a system in which employees can freely consult with internal career consultants.
- ⑤ Diversity Management
- We aim to increase the ratio of women in managerial positions, in order to create a workplace where employees can take an active role in our workplace regardless of gender.
- We promote job creation for foreign nationals and the disabled.
- We develop various human resources systems and evaluation systems that enable employees to balance work with medical treatment, nursing care, and childcare.
- We strive to create a harassment-free workplace.
- ⑥ Security of Employment
- We reduce the percentage of non-regular employment.
- ⑦ Recruiting Initiatives
- We engage in recruitment activities that disclose medicare and medicaid services (CMS) activities and other information.
- We aim to develop job descriptions that are interesting for every job seeker regardless of gender or sexual orientation.
- ⑧ Occupational Safety and Health Management System
- Health officer is assigned to our head office and the Tokyo Merchandise Center to promote workplace safety patrol activities.
- ① We always be conscious of and comply with the Corporate Governance Code.
- ② Risk Management
- We connect the risk analysis by the Risk Management Committee to our action plan.
- ③ Compliance
- We strive to comply with all laws and regulations, and the Fair Competition Code of the medical devices industry.
- ④ In accordance with the Transparency Guidelines for the medical device industry, information on funds for payment is disclosed.
- ⑤ Quality Management
- We ensure the safety and quality of medical devices based on ISO13485:ISO9001.
- ⑥ Global Supply Chain Management
- We aim to optimize inventory and improve logistics efficiency through our global supply chain management initiatives.