Efforts to Respect Human Rights
Human Rights Policy of JMDM Group
Based on its management philosophy of “Contributing to Medical Care through the Development and Sale of Advanced Medical Devices,” JMDM Group recognizes that all of its business activities must be based on the premise of respect for human rights. The entire company is committed to promoting respect for human rights and making every effort to fulfill its responsibilities.
In accordance with the International Bill of Human Rights, the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work of the International Labour Organization (ILO), which stipulates these fundamental rights at work(1) The effective recognition of freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining, (2) The prohibition of all forms of forced and compulsory labor, (3) The effective abolition of child labor, and (4) The elimination of discrimination in employment and occupation, and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights) and the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, we hereby set forth the Human Rights Policy of JMDM Group (hereinafter referred to as the “Policy”) and will promote our efforts to respect human rights.
This policy applies to all executives and employees of the JMDM Group (including contract employees, seconded employees, temporary employees, part-time employees, and part-time workers). In addition, JMDM Group expects its business partners and other related parties to comply with this policy.
Compliance with applicable laws and Regulations and respect for internationally recognized human rights
JMDM Group will comply with the national laws and regulations of the country in each region where it operates. Where there is a conflict between internationally recognized human rights and the laws of the respective countries, we will pursue ways to respect international human rights principles.
Responsibility to respect human rights
JMDM Group recognizes that there could be potential negative impacts on human rights in its corporate activities. In order to prevent or mitigate any such impacts, we will fulfill our responsibility to respect human rights by not infringing on the human rights of those affected by our corporate activities, and by taking appropriate measures to correct and remedy any negative impacts that our corporate activities may cause or contribute to.
Human rights due diligence
In order to fulfill its responsibility to respect human rights through the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, JMDM Group will establish and continuously implement a human rights due diligence mechanism. This due diligence will include taking steps to identify, prevent, and mitigate any potential negative human rights impact, evaluating the effectiveness of our efforts, and disclosing an explanation of how they have been addressed.
In the event that the business activities of JMDM Group cause or contribute to negative impact on human rights, we will work to prevent or mitigate such negative impacts through appropriate procedures and dialogue for correction and remedy. In cases where the business, products, or services of our business partners, suppliers, or other business relationships are directly related to negative human rights impact, the company will encourage them to take appropriate actions to prevent or mitigate the negative human rights impact. In addition, we have established a reporting window (internal reporting system) available to executives and employees, and will work to build a more comprehensive remedy, including providing a point of contact for external stakeholders.
Conversation and Consultation
In its efforts to respect human rights, JMDM Group will utilize the knowledge of independent external human rights experts, and will engage in sincere dialogue and consultation with stakeholders who are or may be affected by our corporate activities.
JMDM Group will provide appropriate education to all officers and employees to ensure that this policy is incorporated into and implemented in all business activities, and will work to raise awareness of human rights.
Responsibility for Implementation
On behalf of JMDM Group, the Board of Directors oversees compliance with this policy and its initiatives, and the executive officer in charge is responsible for its implementation.
Disclosure of Information
The progress and results of human rights initiatives based on this policy will be reported through the website of JMDM Group.
April 1, 2023
Japan Medical Dynamic Marketing, INC.
Representative Director and President
Established in March 1, 2023
Promotion of diverse human resources
(Career Management System)
Human Resource Development Policy
- We will promote the reinforcement and operation of a system (CMS (Career Management System)) that allows each employee to think about his/her career, and to develop career through interaction with the company and his/her supervisor.(CMS (Career Management System)), a system that allows each employee to think about his or her career and develop his or her career through interaction with the company and supervisors.
- We will foster a “sense of contribution” for the benefit of society, healthcare, patients, and colleagues.
- We will promote the “exercise of individuality” of all employees so that they can play an active role regardless of their attributes, valuing their “individuality.
- We will promote the use of training programs based on our original job classification and list of job requirements, with an awareness of career paths.
- We will promote the development of expertise in each position.
Internal Environmental Improvement Policy
- We believe it is important to ensure diversity at all job levels and in management, and we will promote hiring and promotion according to ability and experience regardless of age, gender, or nationality.
- We will enhance internal systems that help employees balance their professional and family lives (e.g., time off in units of hours, flexible working hours, etc.).
(e.g., time off in increments of hours, flextime work, telecommuting, combined work, limited-area work, welcome back, various types of training, etc.)
- Enhance training programs to improve expertise in each position.
- We will promote the use of IT systems such as My Career for thinking about one’s career, My Voice for communicating awareness and requests to the company and superiors, etc.
- We will promote a career consulting system that respects the wishes of individuals and a self-career dock system for all employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Human Resource Development
We have introduced CMS (Career Management System) that allows each employee to consider his or her own career and to develop his or her career through interaction with the company and superiors. In addition, we are promoting the creation of a system for human resource development that takes diversity into consideration through selective training and a personnel rotation system.
To promote these systems, we are also working to improve the internal environment, including IT systems such as My Career for thinking about one’s career and My Voice for communicating requests to the company and superiors, a career consulting system for career support, and a self-career docking system for all employees.